We are delighted that the Carrigtwohill St Patrick’s Day Parade
back better and bigger than ever in 2024!!
Entries are now being accepted and the entry form can be downloaded here. Entry fee is €20 per float/group. This can be dropped into the Community Centre with the completed entry form. Entries close on Wednesday 13th March 2024.
The year, we have a number of generous prizes in a number of categories including
- Best Overall Community Float (Trophy & €250)
- Best Commercial Float (Trophy & €250)
- Best Dressed Window (Trophy & €50)
- Best dressed person on the day (€50)
We welcome entries and floats from everyone in the community; whether part of a community organisation, local business or a group of friends with a good idea for a float!
Get the Shamrock ready!
Contact Roma on 087-6810930
Just like previous years, we are asking all groups/floats to meet in the west end of the village at 12.45pm. There will be a float preparation area at Dennehy’s garage. Please ensure that you take your correct position in the parade line-up as per the group you were assigned. We have marshals there to help everybody find the correct group placing.
The parade will start at Aldi and move up the main street and finish at the Community Hall. The main viewing stand, were the judging will take place, will be in front of the Well Lane. The road will not be closed but they will be plenty on marshals on duty.
After the parade, all groups can meet in the playground area behind the community hall, so parents can collect children. All floats, that need too, can continue on to the Eastlink Busines Park (behind Mace) where there will be an area for them to park up.
The prizes for Best Entry, Best Dressed Window and Best Commercial Entry will be presented on the Main stand as soon as possible after the parade.
IMPORTANT GENERAL PARADE RULES
The following guidelines help ensure the quality and safety of the parade and allow as many organisations as possible the opportunity to participate. Read carefully and abide by the rules!
1. NO ITEMS ARE TO BE THROWN FROM VEHICLES AT ANY TIME. Giveaways must be handed out by walkers. No hard sweets or choking hazard items are to be handed out.
2. Riders on floats cannot get on and off of the float during the parade at any time.
3. All entries with children must have adults walking with them throughout the entire event.
4. Walkers alongside vehicles must walk at least 10 feet from the side of vehicle.
5. Use of fire, open flames or fireworks/pyrotechnics is not allowed.
6. ALL wheels of motorized vehicles MUST keep in contact with the ground at all times. Anyone doing wheelies will be pulled from the parade immediately.
7. Each motorized vehicle must carry liability insurance and be operated by a licensed driver.
8. No one will be allowed to ride on the hood or roof of any vehicle.
9. No political campaigning is allowed on entries in the parade.
10. Entries must observe all applicable rules and regulations and follow all instructions from Gardaí, stewards and parade officials.
The Carrigtwohill St Patrick’s Day Parade Committee reserves the right to remove any entrant from the parade, either prior to assembly, at assembly, or at any time during the parade if the entrant fails to follow parade rules or does not display standards of reasonable public taste as determined by Carrigtwohill St Patrick’s Day Parade Committee.