1. To achieve a Silver Medal in the Tidy Towns Competition by 2015, by way of encouraging all of our community to participate in this project.
2. During the course of this four year plan we aim to identify one hundred new volunteers annually.
• The phased, orderly and sustainable development of Carrigtwohill, the scale and character of which is appropriate to the village setting.
• The provision of infrastructure services and amenities in tandem with all development.
• The development of the Main Street area as the continuing focal point for Carrigtwohill. This should include amenity, social, educational, shopping facilities and services for the elderly and disabled.
• The protection and enhancement of the environment.
• The promotion of a creative environment for the development of culture and the arts.
• The development of a sustainable plan that will encourage all members and groups in our community to participate in this implementation and that they feel a sense of ownership of that plan and thus their community.
Tidy Towns – 4 Year Plan
Carrigtwohill is a village of approximately 3,500 people and has changed considerably and continues
to undergo enormous change with the population set to reach 11,500 by 2020.
It is vital to create a sense of pride in the community and that may be best achieved by a strong
Tidy Towns Group.
A small number of people have been working over a number of years to improve the visual environment. Following the publication of the Strategic Plan for Carrigtwohill, there has been a very significant increase in the numbers of the Tidy Towns Group.
Consequently it has been seen as imperative that a structured plan with attainable goals would be drawn up. The four year plan has been produced by the Carrigtwohill Tidy Towns Group which is a sub committee of Carrigtwohill Community Council.